Acquisition, processing and analysis of the world’s highest resolution commercial satellite data for environmental monitoring and change detection.
Environmental monitoring and detection of changes in a landscape over time can only be done effectively when armed with timely and accurate information. Regular monitoring of new satellite imagery can allow for unexpected or unpredictable problems to be rapidly identified and addressed. Analysis of archived imagery can shed light on incidents that have already occurred, or more gradual changes that have taken place over years or even decades.
With access to data captured by the world’s highest resolution commercial satellites, Eden PA can provide the most detailed satellite environmental analysis and monitoring services available on the market. With ground resolutions as sharp as 31cm per pixel, right through to broad-scale analysis at 30m per pixel, there are options available for a wide variety of applications. While drones can capture imagery at higher resolutions than 31cm, imagery acquired using drones is typically much more expensive and much less accurate compared to Eden PA’s satellite analysis services.
Eden PA’s satellite analysis services are more than just imagery – the process involves radiometrically correcting the imagery to compensate for atmospheric effects and other interference, processing to create colour-coded analysis maps using a range of spectral indices commonly used in environmental monitoring and change detection, fine-tuning of colour coding in order to display the full extent of variability across the target area, and production of high quality digital maps. Eden PA’s satellite data processing workflow ensures you receive high quality, accurate and reliable analysis which you can put to use immediately. Raw imagery suitable for third-party processing using appropriate software can also be supplied.
Eden PA can provide satellite analysis and monitoring services to assist with the following environmental management applications:
- Detailed and up-to-date visible spectrum (i.e. RGB) mapping of farm property and infrastructure;
- Forest monitoring and change detection;
- Detection of unauthorised and/or illegal logging or land clearing;
- Soil moisture analysis;
- Detection and assessment of damage from pests or diseases;
- Measurement and valuation of damage following fires or floods.
Eden PA’s satellite analysis services are currently available in six ground resolutions – 30m, 10m, 1.84m, 1.24m, 46cm and 31cm. The resolution refers to the size of each pixel in metres on the ground. In a 30m resolution image, each pixel covers a ground surface area of 30m x 30m = 900m2 in total, while each pixel in a 10m resolution image covers an area of 10m x 10m = 100m2, and in turn each pixel in a 31cm resolution image covers an area of 31cm x 31cm = 961cm2. Therefore a 10m resolution image will contain nine times the amount of detail and precision as a 30m resolution image, and a 31cm resolution image will contain over 1,000 times the level of detail as a 10m resolution image.
These satellite analysis services are available in three delivery modes:
- Once-off analysis: This is a good option if you just want a quick analysis of a specific area at a specific point in time, or if you’ve had your property analysed previously and want an updated analysis to check against your existing/historical maps;
- Longterm analysis: This comprises a separate analysis of 3 images (normally captured at the same time of year over a 3-year period), plus a combined analysis showing the average of the specified reading/measurement across all three images;
- Ongoing monitoring program: Updates provided either at a predetermined frequency or on an ad-hoc basis, according to customer requirements. Each update comprises two maps – one up-to-date analysis of the target area, plus a second map which shows areas in which the specified reading/measurement has increased (shown in green) or decreased (shown in red) within the target area.
Full-colour A3 glossy map(s)
Digital map(s) provided by email and/or via Eden PA’s cloud service
Digital copies of map(s) also provided on complimentary USB stick
Free postage of all materials